iPhone 5 without U2 IC

Hey everyone. My friend gave me iphone 5. It wasn’t turning on after it had been connected to a wrong charger. I thought it was U2 IC problem. I charged a battery manually and I was able to get a low battery screen. After charging further (3.7V) iphone was showing nothing. I’ve removed the metal shield from the motherboard and I’ve noticed that it’s missing U2 IC chip (it was previously removed in a repair service and for unknown reason they didn’t put it on!!!!). I’ve also noticed it’s missing R88 resistor.

So my main question: can a missing U2 IC chip or missing R88 resistor can prevent iphone from booting? Right now the phone is completely dead unless the battery is low (then it’s always showing low battery screen).