1. reboot system now (takes me back to encryption unsuccessful screen)
2. apply update from ADB (Now send the package you want to apply…) – no idea what this is. Had to pull battery to reboot.
3. wipe data/factory reset (takes me back to encryption unsuccessful screen)
4. wipe cache partition (takes me back to encryption unsuccessful screen)
5. apply update from external storage (I have no update to apply. more on this later)
6. apply update from cache (unable to find an update)
7. md5 check (does some stuff, reboot to encryption unsuccessful screen)
The phone is a ZTE Sonata 4G with Android version 4.1.2.
One saving grace is that I was able to get a hold of another exact same phone. I do have an SD card, so is there some way to download an update to it and load it on the bricked phone (or any other way to fix it). Thanks